The game begins with the News Team taking fire from another group of MegaBear hunters looking to steal their record-breaking kill…
- Kara makes short work of a Gamorrean hunter, while the rest of the team takes cover behind the dead MegaBear.
- Ronu, the Rodian behind the attack, has brought a Disruptor Rifle to the blaster pistol fight.
- Daro decides the group shouldn’t lose their prize even if forced to retreat and hides their tracking beacon inside the bear… by way of the bear’s backdoor.
- Jones cripples the speeder of Ronu’s Wookiee sidekick, forcing the Wookiee to dismount.
- Enraged the wookiee charges, drawing his vibrosword and crippling Daro with it before being killed by Kara.
- Task manages to stop Daro from bleeding out and get him on his feet as Ronu continues her assault.
- A mysterious assassin, possibly the slaver-hunting Twi’Lek they had heard rumours of before, appears and attacks Ronu, chasing her off.
*The Assassin picks up Ronu’s disruptor and makes her intentions of killing the group well known.
- The News Team flees into the burning forest, Daro well in the lead.
- The chase continues out onto the snowy flats of the glacier. Jones falls behind.
- Daro, reaching a small canyon in the ice, sends Jay the Camera Droid back (without his memory card) to distract the Assassin and buy the others time to reach the canyon.
- Jay is destroyed but the others reach the canyon and head in single file.
- Daro waits for Jones, who is still lagging behind, but this allows the Assassin to get within shooting distance. Daro, already injured from the Wookiee’s attack, is unable to avoid the disruptor’s beam. He is vaporized instantly, only his camera and Jay’s Memory Card survive.
- jones scoops these up and flees into the canyon.
- When the News Team reaches the other side of the canyon they collapse an arch of ice above the canyon, hoping to trap the Assassin and escape across a nearby volcanic lake that has frozen over.
- As they cross, an ill-times geyser of steam breaks the ice and causes Kara to fall through. Task and Jones pull her from the ice and near-boiling water before she is harmed, but this slows the team down.
*The team reaches the opposite shore as the Assassin climbs free of the canyon.
- From the shore, they are able to spot an ice mine down a steep hill from their position. Hoping to spring a trap on the Assassin, who has them outgunned, they flee towards the mine.
- Using Task as bait, and Jones’ supply of glop grenades, the team sets a trap. Kara procures a mining walker as added fire power.
- The trap is sprung, but Task is also caught in the quick-harding glop.
- With the beam drills of the walker pointed at her head and Claire explaining that they are journalists and not slavers, the team is able to reason with the Assassin who simply walks away as soon as the glop dissolves.
- The team pays a mine driver to take them back to the basecamp in the South and recover their pack-animals from the cave where they had been hidden.
- When they arrive they find that Daro’s Bear Butt Beacon gambit has succeeded and they have won the grand prize of the hunt, and the 100,000 credits that it comes with.
- They opt to keep the bear pelt to mount in the offices of the Holo-Magazine.
- They stay on Corfai for the Winter-Fete-Week celebrations, where they are honoured guest. The celebrations are bittersweet due to the loss of their colleague.
- Returning to their ship, Kara finds a package that appears to have come from the Assassin. A message from the Twi’lek explains that she is in their debt for the wrongful death of Daro.
- The package also contains a small saber-kitten, which Kara names Daro Jr.
Daro T’Lang – Age 29 – Death by Disintegration
I Can’t Shake Him!